Sony is scheduled to release its documentary of the late Michael Jackson ,”This Is It”, on January 26, 2009. The film documented the performer’s rehearsals for a series of concerts in London before his passing. Here are the details for the Blu-Ray and DVD according to Blu-Ray.com and DVDactive:
Special features include:
- Two making-of documentaries
- Eight featurettes
- All-new Smooth Criminal vignette (BD-exclusive)
- Making Smooth Criminal featurette (BD-exclusive)
- All-new Thriller vignette (BD-exclusive)
- ‘This Is It’ interactive playlist
The film will also be presented in 1080p AVC video with a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.
- 2-part “Creating a Comeback” documentary
- featurettes (“The Gloved One”, “Memories of Michael”, Auditions: Searching for the World’s Best Dancers”).
I have no plans what-so-ever to ever see this film. Not just because I don’t like his music, but the fact that Sony just threw the film together JUST so they could capitalize on Jackson’s death, which is just SICK. I’m actually surprised that Sony didn’t have it out before Christmas, so, they could make more money off of his death.
Regardless, I expect this release to set some new records, which is something Jackson is known to do.
Are you going to get “This Is It” on Blu-Ray or DVD?