There are many great directors out there in the movie business, but there are only five that I just love. So, I would like to take time to share my list of those:
5. Uwe Boll: I know I’m gonna probably get some negative feedback from this. But, I don’t care his films are just so bad that well, they are fun. His film are just so much fun to poke fun at it. Not only that he freaking has boxing matches with critics. That’s just awesome.
“Best” film: “BloodRayne”.
4. Michael Bay: “The cure for insomnia”, “Bayformers”, and “Bayplosions” are just some of the nick-names that this director has been given. But, I really find Bay’s films to be just mindless fun, just a chance to sit back and watch shit blow up. Even, “Pearl Harbor” was fun.
Best film: “The Rock”.
3. Shusuke Kaneko: I haven’t been exposed to many of his films. In fact, there are only four of his films that I have watched, but all of them were great. Kaneko has also done something marvelous, he took Gamera, who was nothing more than a Godzilla rip-off, and made three films that were better than the most recent Godzilla films.
Actually, you could say that “Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris” is almost better, if not just as great as “Gojira”.
Best film: “Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris”.
2. James Cameron: This man is a God amongst geeks. James Cameron has given us some of the greatest sci-fi film to date. In fact, I can’t name any film of his that I didn’t like. Well, except “Piranha Part Tow: The Spawning”, but that’s just because I wasn’t aware that he directed that film.
I’ll admit though, I thought Cameron wasn’t going to deliver with “Avatar”, but he showed that after 12 years he still has the power.
Best film: “Terminator 2: Judgement Day”.
And, my number 1 favorite director is…..(drum role please)…..
1. Ishiro Honda: If you know me, then you know why he is at the top of my list. Not only has Honda given us the masterpiece that is “Gojira”, but he has also his Non-Godzilla films were great too. “Rodan”, “War of the Gargantuas”, “Frankenstein Conquers The World”, “Mothra”, and many others.
Best film: “Gojira”.
So, there you have it my top 5 favorite directors. Be sure to look for my list of least favorite directors soon(probably next Saturday).
Who are some of your favorite directors?